How to test IAMMETER`s function before you make the order
Use the free simulator to test IAMMETER before you make the order
IAMMETER`s energy meter is very flexible, it can be used in IAMMETER or many open-source platforms.
But if you can not decide whether this product meets your requirements, you can try this IAMMETER-simulator first. It is free and can help you to test nearly all of the features of WEM3080T,such as
- Provide the same API as WEM3080T.
- it can be integrated into Home Assistant and other open-source platforms by using the same method as WEM3080T.
- Simulated different load,the load output can also be controlled by API.
- Simulated a solar PV output or use the real solar pv output.
- Simulate an EV charger attached to a specified battery capacity, which can be controlled by OCPP server.
![IAMMETER-simulator ](https://iammeterglobal.oss-accelerate.aliyuncs.com/img/IAMMETER-simulator .png)
Integrate the simulator into home assistant
Моля, обърнете се къмRead the data of the simulator from HA
Because the simulator provides the same API as WEM3080T, Home Assistant will consider the simulator as real hardware. After the testing by the simulator, if you want to use the real hardware, just need to replace the IP from the simulator to the real energy meter.
Monitor the solar PV in Home assistant
If you want to test the solar monitoring effect in the Home Assistant by this simulator,just need these steps
- Configure the solar pv output in the simulator
- simulated some loads in the simulator
- Go through this tutorial Monitor the solar pv in HA, иRead the data of the simulator from HA
Simulated an EV charger (OCPP)
IAMMETER-симулатор can work as an OCPP client (EV charger) that connect to different OCPP server and is controlled remotely.
Control it(OCPP client) from Home Assistant
This is just a simple tutorial about how to control an OCPP client from the HA. No extra automation is implemented(Such as control the charging power based on the solar excess power).
Моля, обърнете се къмhttps://imeter.club/topic/517
Controlled it(OCPP client) automatically from IAMMETER
IAMMETER can control the EV charger from the OCPP and charge the EV from the solar excess.
If you do not have an EV charger , or you want to try this function before you start to connect your own OCPP EV charger to IAMMETER, the IAMMETER-simulator is a good option.
Make an automation control in HA
This tutorial will show how to charge the EV with the solar excess power in the HA.